You will need:
1 boneless chicken breast (pasture raised if you can get it)
1/2 head of lettuce (red leaf, green leaf or romaine)
5 stalks of scallion
1 large, soft, ripe tomato (diced)
1 cup of fresh sliced mushrooms
1 cup of unsalted frozen peas
1 cup of sun dried tomato dressing
1 thick pat of unsalted, pasture raised butter* or 1 tbsp olive oil
Serves 1 large serving or 2 smaller servings (I personally eat the whole thing myself).
*Butter from clean, pasture raised sources is an incredibly nutrient dense food and a truly healthy fat. Heating oils renders them toxic and rancid - for this reason, I would recommend against cooking with any type of oil. Use unsalted butter instead! It tastes amazing and is much better for you.
Quick chicken recipes: Equipment:
You will need:
1 medium sized pot with lid
1 steamer basket
1 cutting board
1 chopping knife
Quick chicken recipes: Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 450
2) Chop lettuce and place it in a large bowl:
3) Add diced tomato:
4) Once oven is preheated, melt butter on medium heat in frying pan:
5) Coat both sides of the raw chicken breast in the butter, then place the entire pan in the oven. Leave chicken in oven until it reaches 160 degrees (this will be approximately 8 to 10 minutes).
6) Next, remove the pan from the oven and flip the chicken breast over, then put the pan back in the oven for another minute or two. The chicken will be done when it's cooked all the way through (there will be no pink inside).
7) While chicken is cooking, steam sliced mushrooms using a steamer basket (steam them for at least 5 minutes). When you remove the chicken from the oven to flip it over, add (on top of the mushrooms) the cup of frozen unsalted peas (these only take about 3 minutes to steam).
8) Dice avocado and finely chop scallions.
10) Once veggies are steamed, place them, along with avocado and scallions, on top of the lettuce and tomato:
11) Once chicken is cooked, chop it into bite size pieces and place it on top of the salad:
12) Last, add 1 cup of my quick homemade sun dried tomato dressing:
This salad is so fresh and delicious. Who knew healthy food could taste this good?