*This recipe serves 1 person. Simply double the ingredients for 2 people, triple for 3, etc.
You will need:
1 boneless chicken breast
5 to 6 sun dried tomatoes (pre-soaked for at least 1/2 hour)
Several leaves of fresh basil (remove stems)
3 tbsp of my quick & easy Sun Dried Tomato Dressing
2 large handfuls of mesclun greens
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
*I buy my sun dried tomatoes from a wonderful online company called www.olivenation.com. A huge bag of them costs about $10. I keep the bag in my refrigerator and it lasts me for months. I buy their Sulfite-Free brand of sun dried tomatoes.
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2) Butterfly chicken breast. It should look like this:
3) Layer the inside of the butterflied chicken breast with pre-soaked sun dried tomatoes and fresh basil leaves:
3) Close chicken breast.
4) On your stove top, pan-sear chicken on high heat using 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil for approximately 3 minutes on one side, then flip over and immediately put the entire pan, with the chicken, into the oven.
5) Leave chicken in oven until it reaches 160 degrees. This will be 8 to 10 minutes at the most. The chicken will be done when it's cooked all the way through (there will be no pink inside).
6) Once it's cooked, place the chicken on top of a bed of mesclun greens (2 large handfuls):
7) Optionally, add 3 tbsp of Sun Dried Tomato dressing (I highly recommend this!):